Sunday, June 17, 2012

FOR MY DAD

This is the Father's Day card I made for my Dad this year.  It was inspired by a weSTAMP swap card by Melissa SundeYou're My Type stamp set is from the Occasions Mini, and is one set that I sure wish had made it to the new catalog!  I have a thing for typewriters, as typing is a skill I am thankful for learning in high school.  I knew my Dad would appreciate the typewriter on the card, as he'll never forget having to buy me a fancy electric typewriter to type resumes when I graduated from college back in the 80's.

RECIPE
Stamps:  You're My Type, sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper:  First Edition SDSP, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla CS
Ink:  Versamark, Basic Black
Embellishments:  Basic Black Button, 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon
Tools:  Small Heart Punch, Two Tags Bigz Die, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy
Supplies:  Stampin' Dimensionals, Black Embossing Powder, sponge

3 comments:

Patti said...

Great card for your dad - full of memories for you both. I like how you added the newsprint dsp.

Angie Tieman said...

Super sweet card, Nancy! Sounds like your dad definitely will love it! These typewriters are apparently making a comeback, wish I had saved my old one!

Lisa Dolson said...

Wonderful Father's Day Card, Nancy! Love it, and I'm sure your dad did too!
Thanks for doing your ipicks for us also.