Friday, April 17, 2009

IN BETWEEN THE TRASH FILE AND PUBLIC DISPLAY FILE

Remember last week when I was whining about my missing mojo? I thought I'd share the cards that didn't make the trash but didn't thrill me to publicly share them. I'm really hoping to get some challenges done this weekend that I'll be excited about sharing with you ... in between finishing up Allie's graduation announcements and cleaning out some closets.

This first card uses Weekend Sketch Challenge #74 along with a few new items from the Occasions Mini Catalog ... Walk In The Park Designer Paper, Oval All Stamp Set, and Scallop Oval Punch.




RECIPE
Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Walk In The Park DP, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Gray and Pink Pirouette
Embellishments: Whisper White 5/16" Jumbo Brads
Tools: Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Blender Pen, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

This next card uses Weekend Sketch Challenge #73 with the Level One Hostess Set Darling Dots and Rockability Specialty Designer Paper.
RECIPE
Stamps: Darling Dots (Level One Hostess)
Paper: Rockability Specialty DP, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Riding Hood Red and Jet Black Staz-On
Embellishments: Riding Hood Red 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Scallop Square Punch, 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals


This last card uses Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #82. The graduation image is from the retired stamp set, Sketch An Event. I've used several more new items from the new Occasions Mini Catalog on this card too ... Walk In The Park DP, Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon, and Black Jumbo Grommets.
RECIPE
Stamps: Sketch An Event (retired), Fundamental Phrases
Paper: Walk In The Park DP, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Basic Gray Classic and Jet Black Staz-On
Embellishments: Basic Black Jumbo Grommet, 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon
Tools: Word Window Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Scallop Border Punch
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

22 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

I'm glad you decided to publicly display them - they're gorgeous! Wish I could make stuff like this when I'm mojo-less. You never cease to amaze me!!! :-)

Stacey Schafer said...

You should be excited about these cards because I sure am! All three are impeccable:)

Anonymous said...

Well I love all three but I do love the new grey and pink DP, love those two colours together! And the new scallop punch, love it! I am glad to see you used the Jumbo Grommet as I had no idea what I was going to use them for! Thanks love!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Nancy, these card are fabulous!!!!!i love how you did each card and the layout...tfs:)
chat

Melissa said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself my friend! These are super cute!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lorri said...

Nancy, you silly girl, these are BEAUTIFUL!!! You never lose your Mo-jo!!! Thanks for posting. I know you are super busy but thanks for taking time to stamp and post! Can't wait to catch up again.

Anonymous said...

All these cards look great. No need for these to be hidden away - TFS!!

Dawn Easton said...

LOL girl, your work is always amazing! I'm not sure why you worry and weren't thrilled with these cards! I bet you made them with your eyes closed and little effort because you are just naturally gifted with creativity!! Stop being so hard on yourself ;)
Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Stacy said...

WOW! I wish my "not for public" cards were so awesome! They are all wonderful! The first is so soft and sweet, the second bright and fun and the third is very elegant. Great Job, and thanks for going ahead and sharing them with us.

Debra said...

I'm very impressed with all 3, they're gorgeous. I particularly like the graduation card. My son is graduating in May and I'm doing his announcements. I see a CASE in my future......

Seriously, you are a very talented lady!! Debra

Vicki Burdick said...

Great cards Nancy! I love them all, you should be happy with them!! We are our own worse critics! Take care!

Anonymous said...

All three are great! I really, really like the first one! Just stunning!

Stamp and Smile said...

SWEET Nancy!!!! You sure have MOJO going on... even though you have LOTS on your plate right now!! I can always use graduation card ideas and I have this set too!! And you inspired me with the Darling Dots card as I just received it... NOW TO PLAY!! Smiles girl... :)

Mary Fish said...

I know how you feel when you sometimes create something and then think . . . hmmmmmmm. However, I think all three of these cards are wonderful. We are all our own worst critics! Hugs, Mary

Alex said...

You always do FABULOUS work Nancy and these are no exception!! Not sure what you don't like, I love all three of them, especially that second one with the vibrant red and black, really pretty! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Tieman said...

These are beautiful cards, crazy lady! I think sometimes we're too hard on ourselves, thinking everything has to be a "masterpiece" before we post it, and it turns out they really are masterpieces, but since we get all crazy and obsessed, we can't see that! Hmmm, am I talking about you or me here? lol!

LaurieF said...

I think all three cards a fabulous Nancy!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Wow these cards are awesome!!! Me thinks you are a bit to critical of your talent. STOP THAT...lol. I am glad you shared the cards with us thanks.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Crystal said...

so glad you decided to share these cards, they are fantastic!!!! All of them are great colors and lovely papers..!!

Connie Collins said...

Your "no mojo" is pretty darn fabulous! You are too hard on yourself.

KellyL said...

I love these cards as well! The red & black (w/ladybug - VERY cute) is my favorite! But I think they are all very worthy of blog life. Great design on all three. Thanks for sharing! Smiles, KellyL

Anonymous said...

I just love them all ... as usual, but my fave is the first one. It's so soft and elegant looking .. love the pink and gray together!