Saturday, January 31, 2009

CASEing KAREN with MAKEESHA'S SKETCH

Thanks to all of you who have been asking about my foot! The infection seems to be slowly going away, and I am able to spend more time without my foot elevated. You know what that means! ... Stampin' time! As I was blog surfing for inspiration this morning, I came across THIS CARD by Karen Thomas, and knew I had to case it! I love how she worked in all those different images from the one stamp set, A Happy Heart, so beautifully! Karen's card and my card both use Makeesha Byl's sketch found HERE.

I had a heck of a time photographing this card, until I finally settled for this shot. What you can't see in the photo is that I used the Priceless Classy Brass Template to paper pierce the 1 3/8" Basic Black circle behind the Feb. 14 image. There are several different layers popped up on dimensionals. As always, all products are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
RECIPE
Stamps: A Happy Heart
Paper: Candy Lane DP, Basic Black and Pink Pirouette CS
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Embellishments: Button Bouquet, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: 1/2", 1" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Priceless Classy Brass Template, Paper Piercing Tool w/ Mat Pack
Supplies: Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card, Nancy!! Glad to hear your foot is slowly getting better! Have a great weekend!

Pam Speidel said...

Hi Nancy! So happy to hear your foot is on the mend and you're able to stamp again. This card is LOVEly and makes me want to buy the set. I just received my new SU catty and have a long wish list, as always! :)
Take care & Keep Smiling,
Pam :)

Rose Ann said...

This is such a pretty Valentine, Nancy!! I love the layout, pretty buttons & ribbon!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Nancy!! I'm lovin' your monochromatic color scheme! Glad your foot is feeling better. As a PT, I have been following your progress with interest and wish you the best (I know what you're going through is a b*&%$!) :-)

Deb M. said...

Beautiful card, Nancy!! Love the color scheme.

TFS...

Danita said...

So very pretty Nancy!!! I love all the elements of this card!!! Great layout!!!

Corie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Lorri said...

Beautiful card, Nancy. It has your name written all over it. Love red and black together, so classic!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW Nancy, your card is gorgeous! The use of black really sets it off, and the buttons are super cute too! Thanks for mentioning my sketch.....Hope you had fun! Take care! Love Keesh x

Karen said...

Ohhhhhhh wow!!! How excited am I that you loved my card enough to case it!!! Thanks so much Nancy - you've totally made this aussie girls afternoon! lol

Karen
xo