Sunday, September 7, 2008

SAY IT WITH SCALLOPS AND KIWI KISS

This card uses Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #56. I used one of the new In Colors of Kiwi Kiss and paired it with Basic Black and Whisper White and the new stamp set, Say It With Scallops. Each image from this stamp set fits the new Scallop Square Punch perfectly and is Stampin' Up!'s chosen Ronald McDonald House stamp set this year. Two dollars from the sale of each Say It With Scallops stamp set goes to Ronald McDonald House charities.

The idea of placing the "hi" in the Build-A-Brad came from Sherri Barron's awesome card found HERE. To make my Build-A-Brad black, I simply colored it with a black Sharpie permanent marker. I ran out of black brads and used the same trick on silver brads! This card measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". RECIPE
Stamps: Say It With Scallops
Paper: Bella Rose DP, Whisper White and Basic Black CS
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Embellishments: Build-A-Brad, Brads, Kiwi Kiss 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Scallop Square Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch
Supplies: Black Sharpie Marker (non-SU), Stampin' Dimensionals

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now this is just super cute!! Love the black accents - great card!

Diane Gilbert said...

What a great card! Those colors look fabulous together!!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Love, love, love it! Great job on the sketch challenge and I love how you altered the build-a-brad and regular brads!

Mauna said...

You've done it again!!! Love how you popped out the hi on the card.

Anonymous said...

Totally cute card - Nancy!!!
Love how you've worked the Sketch and the Kiwi Kiss!!!

Deborah said...

You know I love this card! Fabulous! Hugs, Deb

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Nancy! I saw MJ make a card with the HI just like that. I already ear marked that part to case as well. It adds so much to that image.

Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Juanita said...

Great idea for black accents, I may borrow that.

SueB said...

Oooh, I LOVE black, white, and a splash of color card combos and this one's SO great! Methinks this is my fav new in-color - thanx for the inspiration!

Angie Tieman said...

This is fabulous!! Love the striking color combo!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I love the idea of coloring the brads. I'll have to give that a try.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh girl...you are making me regret not getting the Kiwi Kiss Ribbon...lol....this is so pretty!!! It'll be on my next order for sure...I'm really starting to like Kiwi Kiss ;)
Hope you have a great work week!

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I think B&W with kiwi is such an elegant combo!

I knew how to change the color of a brad with embossing powder, but I never thought to do it with a Sharpie! Very clever!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

Cindy

Jackie Pedro said...

Fantastic card, Nancy! LOVE the kiwi and black together!

Lori Barnett said...

I LOVE it! That ribbon is awesome. I don't usually buy much of the special ribbon...but I LOVE this!!

Stacey Schafer said...

LOVE this polka dot "hi"!

Rose Ann said...

I totally love what you've done with Beate's sketch!! I love the Kiwi with the black and white...and that yummy ribbon!!

Lisa Page said...

Very clean! I have these supplies and I'm gonna case, well, with different color paper and ribbon 'cause I don't have anything that's Kiwi Kiss except for cardstock! Did you know that you can color the HodgePodge Hardware with black sharpies also? It works really well! Thanks for sharing!

wendyp said...

Love this! Loving the polka dots and the striped ribbon together!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

very coool colors, nancy !!!!!!
this card h=just turned super duper lovely !!!!!!
tfs:)
chat