Monday, September 1, 2008

ENJOY HAIKU

Happy Labor Day! Oh, do I ever love three day weekends now that I'm a workin' girl! Drew has been out of town with a friend & family ... Allie has been on the go all weekend ... John, of course, is always willing to give me stampin' time! I got a whole lot of stampin' done on Saturday and Sunday ... today is reserved for household chores and errands that desperately need done.

Last night, I was able to play along with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #55. I used the stamp set Enjoy Every Moment, and the new Haiku Designer Paper ... using the colors Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, So Saffron, and More Mustard. This card measures 6 1/2" x 3 1/4" which fits Stampin' Up! Small Open-End Envelopes. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up the stamped So Saffron flower and the stamped Tangerine Tango "enjoy". A 1/2" circle was punched from the Haiku DP for the Build-A-Brad, and the layering of the "every moment" sentiment include the Designer Label Punch, 1" Circle Punch, and Word Window Punch ... along with More Mustard Brads and Paper Piercing.
RECIPE
Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Haiku DP, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, and Old Olive
Embellishments: Antique Brass Build A Brad, More Mustard Brads, Tangerine Tango 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Designer Label Punch, Word Window Punch, 1/2" and 1" Circle Punches, Paper Piercing Tool & Mat Pack
Supplies: Stampin' Dimensionals

21 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, this is fabulous!! You just made me want to pull out my Enjoy set again, it's been a long time for that one! Hmmm, and you keep making me add more designer paper to my wish list!! Looks great!

Alex said...

That is an absolutely beatiful card Nancy, some serious eye candy!! I just love what you did with this yummy dp and that is one of my fave stamp sets!!! Just gorgeous, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Soooo cute!

I'm glad to see you were able to get a whole lotta stamping done over the weekend!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Love how the "e" fits perfectly in the center of that flower!

Cindy

Andrea said...

it's a beautiful card. I like the colors.

Dawn Easton said...

hehe...I almost used this stamp for this sketch too...LOVE what you did! This is some of my FAVE new SU! DP. Wish I could find my SAMJ...off to clean again, maybe it'll show up ;)
Have a fab week at work my friend!

Stacey Schafer said...

love what you did with Beate's sketch! the enjoy every moment set is awesome with the Haiku dsp! your greeting tag in the bottom corner is soooo clever, too! And...I'm with you on the three day weekends:)...one of the perks of working in a school, huh?

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card, very seasonal!
Clairex

Lori Barnett said...

Girl...everything you make is outstanding! This is wonderful!! I love that paper.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always! Glad you are able to enjoy the three-day weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I absolutely love it! It's gorgeous.
I am glad you had time to play. I love your work!
Hugs and smiles

Emily said...

This is gorgeous Nancy! I love this! I actually hated that DSP until I saw this card. =)

Anonymous said...

Nancy - I just orderd this fab DP too and I can't wait to play with it.....

You have worked Beate's Sketch fabulously. Love your choice of Stamp Set too!!!

Deborah said...

Fabulous card! Whoo hoo stampin time for you! Deb

Laurel said...

OOhhh, yummy colors! Love what you did with the sketch!

Jackie Pedro said...

Looks like you got a lot of stamping time this weekend! This card is beautiful, Nancy!!

Unknown said...

Hello Nancy, I just wanted to say that your work is absolutely beautiful and I read your blog every time you post. I'm pretty sure you recieved it already, but there is a blog award for you on my blog at www.trinitydesignstudio.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for being a great inspiration!
Robin Merriman

Danielle L. said...

What a bright, cheery and fun card! Love it!!! And isn't that Tangerine Tango ribbon just the most fun? :)

kathleenh said...

Great use of this print in the Haiku pack! Beautiful card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

Brooke S said...

I am loving the little medalion in the right hand corner... I will add it to my have to make list... Great card!