Friday, July 25, 2008

BIRTHDAY, FRIENDSHIP, AND THANK YOU RAKS

Oh my goodness! ... it's been a fun week! THANK YOU for all your happy birthday wishes in the comments you've left on my blog, and for the nice comments left about the card I posted yesterday! Most of these beautiful cards were sent to me acknowledging my birthday that was earlier this week, others are friendship RAKS and/or thank yous. My blog is truly one of the most rewarding things I've ever done, and your encouraging words through comments, e-mails and RAKS mean the world to me!

by Diane Gilbert ...

by Nancy Morgan ...
by Silke Ledlow ...
by Karen Laub ...
by Charmaine Ikach ...

I never knew how to add wording to the photos of RAKs without a true watermark. Thinking it was a high tech process, I put off asking my DH (my computer genius) about it. I finally took the time to ask yesterday ... it took him one minute to show me how to do it in Photoshop and it is incredibly easy! Glad I asked!

I've started reading my favorite blogs through Google Reader, thinking it might be a more efficient way of reading them. So far, I think it's going to work out well for me, but I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem I'm having ... when Google Reader is open it dramatically slows down my computer. If I decide to continue with Google Reader, I'll be unsubscribing to many blogs so don't worry, I'm just reading through a different method. My e-mail inbox is gonna love me for this!

14 comments:

Lorri said...

WOWZA you are ONE LOVED STAMPER!! You had a HAPPY MAILBOX this week!

I will sit here in front of my computer, HOPING you will post how to do this GOOGLE FEED thing. My mailbox AND I will LOVE YOU FOREVER! LOL

Linda Stamps said...

Now that's what I call happy mail!

I haven't tried Google reader, I use bloglines.com and I love it.

Amy said...

I use the Google Reader "next" button.....it's now up on the top of my page (with the rest of the links I have on my computer), so all I do when I'm ready to read my blogs is hit my next button. It will automatically take me to the next unread blog. The good news is it takes you to every blog home page....no more reading it like you do in Google Reader. Have you ever seen this button? I LOVE it! Just go to Settings when you are in Google Reader (top right page), click on "Goodies", and it wil show you how to get a "next" button. You will never go back to reading through Google Reader again!!! At least I haven't! Good luck!!

Hugs,
Amy

mudmaven said...

I use Google Reader and I haven't found it slows my machine at all. I have a couple hundred blogs in several folders and I think what I like best is that I can email the blog entries to myself that I don't want to lose track of. Cards, tutorials, projects or special messages that I want to save. I like being able to click and go directly to the blog if I want, or to just read it in the reader. All the blogs with new entries are highlighted on my list so I know what's new. I'm going to have to check out that "next" button too. Sounds like something I'd use. I have a link to the reader on my Google homepage. Beautiful cards! Lucky girl! Thanks so much for all you share with us. ~chris

StampMom said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Nancy! Glad you're getting all those awesome cards (and thanks for sharing them). :-)

fran said...

Happy B'day - love all the cards! TFS!

Mauna said...

Boy is you get some neat stuff!!! Nancy you are loved :0) I know I am glad I found ya hehehe!!!

Dottie K. said...

Wow what beautiful cards your received. Happy belated birthday! That's what I get for not keeping up. I'm missing things. But I really have been super busy. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. You know how much I love all your work and the cards are adorable as usual. Have a great weekend. :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Great cards!
I love my google reader and it does not slow down my computer one bit. I will have to check in to the next button as well, but my reader listing has over 200 blogs and I can read just updated ones or look at the whole list. I unsubscribed from feedblitz etc because it took me way too long to open each blog.

Alex said...

You are very loved Nancy - lots of beautiful cards!!! I don't use Google Reader and I need to....is it easy? *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Dawn Easton said...

ALL are fabulous Nancy....all for a FABULOUS person!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wowzers...those are some awesome cards!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Nancy - that just show's how much we appreciate you and love stopping by your blog!!! I sure do - and I'm glad to call you my blogging friend!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Nancy I'm so sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday!! I am just so hopelessly behind on my blogging! I hope you had a wonderful day and are doing well. And I hope that heel is feeling better!!!!