Friday, October 12, 2007

SURPRISE HOMECOMING GUEST

Oh my goodness! What a FUN morning I had! I went to watch my daughter's high school's Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally. Allie's band marched in the parade and performed a portion of their show at the Pep Rally (they were AWESOME, as always!) The bleachers at the Pep Rally were filled with students, and many other school groups performed and made announcements. All of a sudden, they announced a SURPRISE VISITOR ..................... JORDIN SPARKS !!!!! Jordin attended our high school before pursuing her music career. Jordin even said her visit was last minute, and wasn't sure whether she was going to be able to attend or not. In true school spirit, Jordin wore her school jersey! She said she wasn't sure what to do, and the kids all chanted "SING SING SING!!!!". So, she did! I was so wrapped up in the moment and taking pictures that I couldn't even tell you WHAT she sang! The kids said it was one of her new releases. I tell ya', Miss Jordin Sparks is one class act! She is so sweet and down-to-earth ... the kids LOVE her!

If you're an American Idol fan like our family is, you may remember last Spring's episode with the hometown visits. That was Allie's school, and Allie's marching band in many of the shots! Now THAT was an exciting day!

Well, I'm off to the Homecoming Football game. My job tonight is selling 50/50 Raffle Tickets for the Marching Band, John's in charge of water for the band, and Drew will be covering the popcorn consessions during half-time so the parents can watch the kids' show.

13 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

Wow, how exciting for everyone! Hope your team wins tonight!!!!

Elaine said...

How fun!! Jordin is adorable!! I bet you all had the bestest of times! Those will make some memorable and lovely scrapbook pages!! :)

Scrappychick said...

OMG! How fun is that?!! Very cool.

Deborah said...

How cool is that? Great fun! Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh fun!!!!! I love Jordin. I am so glad she won. I saw the top 10 in concert in SLC, Utah. They were awesome. What a great surprise!!!!!!!!!!!
PS I LOVE your blog too!!
Jill

Anonymous said...

How cool is this? What a sweet girl to remember where she came from. TFS!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting for all those kids!!! Great pics you got!

Hope the Homecoming Football game went well!!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness....how awesome!! Great pictures!

Heather P. said...

That must've been SO fun!

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! I'm sure everyone loved it!

Michelle said...

How cool is that?! I love American Idol!

corinnesomerville said...

Holy Smolly Macaroni.....everyone must have freaked out !! What a great surprise..that's so great :)

Lois Michael said...

I must be really slow or something, I never realized in all the times I visited your blog that you are from my little area. Jordin was a student in my nieces theater troop(Vaudeville). Your daughter is adorable too! Love your creations also.
lrmicha on SCS